- Pottery clay
- Paper clips & something to cut/bend them with.
- Small glass of water, paper towels, an area to work in.
- Chain cut at desired length.
- Acrylic paint in desired colors and various sized paint brushes.
- Clear spray paint.
How to part one:
- Start by kneading the clay. Be sure the clay is flexible before continuing.
- Next, you will need to make the clay into three shapes: a rectangle (Camera Body), a medium sized cylinder (lens) ,a small ball (The turn dial on top), and a medium sized ball (flash unit).
- Use the broad size of a knife to push down about 3/4th of the from of the rectangle. This will give the camera a "hand grip" like most Nikons have.
- Attach the lens. I used a small piece of a paperclip to make sure that the lens won't fall off later. Use your clay tool (or a spoon if you don't have tools) to smooth down the edges.
- Next comes the flash unit. Put it on top, in the center. Again, press down the edges.
- the turn dial goes to the left of the flash unit if the lens is facing you. You can take a knife and crimp down the edge to create ridges just like a Nikon would have.
- Next, you will need to cut off parts of a paperclip that are about 3/4ths of an inch long. Bend them to create the place for the necklace to be latched on. Push them into each side of the camera.
- Let dry for about 2 days.
How to part two:
- After it dries paint it all black. I used acryllic paint. let dry.
- Then use your white paint and paint on the glass of the lens, the camera name, back screen and buttons.
- Use your red to paint on the signature red triangle on the Nikon camera grip.
- You can then paint on a "picture" to the "screen" of the camera. As you can see, I chose a forest scene.
- After all acrylic paint dries, use clear spray paint and cover it with several layers for protection.
- To attach the necklace cord, use a pair of pliers. You can get necklace cord from a craft store or from any clothing store, just take off the pendant that comes with it.
Also, To buy one of the ones you see made here go to my Etsy